Wednesday, May 7, 2008

After A Week and A HalF...

I have not had any sodas, worked out six times, and cut out snacks & junk food... and I have lost a total of... drum roll... 5 pounds! Not quite the numbers they pull on "Biggest Loser." And I have to admit, I am a little disappointed in myself. I thought for sure it'd be somewhere around 10. Now that would have made me feel good and that giving up the things I love most was worth it. So I am frustrated, but I am not giving up. This just means I have to work harder. I still have another week and a half until my three week experiment is up.

On another note, it has been hard for me to not see my kids. I miss them so very much! I know I should be enjoying this time with them gone and the freedom I get along with it, but it's just not the same around here. It's too quiet. Maybe things would be different if I had a date every night of the week, but that's not happening either. Oh well, that's just life and that's why we're here to have trials and learn from them. So I will keep looking for the silver lining in all of my life experiences.

1 comment:

jeana said...

YAY for 5lbs!!! when it comes off slow.. it stays off :) CONGRATS!!! and don't give up.. you are doing great!